Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fitness Fusion--- Yogapaddle













Fitness Journey--Oct. 29-Nov. 4----- YOGAPADDLE


What is it? A two hour class where you kayak down the river to a remote site and then you practice yoga and after yoga you kayak back to the starting point. Do you see the fusion? Who would put the two together. An instructor that has the love for kayaking and yoga.
My Yogapaddle story--- OK, I arrive at the site a few minutes before the class. Well, I didn't see anyone at the dock. So I'm on my way back to my car and a man says, "Are you here for the class? They just left. I can show you where to go to catch up with them. You can go down the river about a mile or so and go right and then left. "So he gets me my life jacket and kayak. Then he ask me, "Have you done this before?" NO!! I have never done this before. And then he says, "It can flip, so you have a balance and be steady." I can swim pretty good in a pool, but I don't know about a river. I'm scared to death. Well, I get started and what is suppose to be a mile turns into MILES........It takes me forever to get down the river. I start to feel my forearms and biceps and I think, "I still have to do yoga and travel back." I get stuck, I go the wrong way, I'm LOST. I never find the remote site where they are doing yoga, but I finally find my way back to the dock after an hour. But on the way back, I get the hang of it. I sort of look like I know what I'm doing. I'm moving faster.

Lesson Learned: If you think you can do it, YOU CAN!!