Thursday, February 14, 2008

GO GIRL! SONDRA

Sondra


Sondra's fitness Story

Fitness as a lifestyle started for me 7 years ago when I was 31 years old wearing a size 20 in clothing. I cleaned up my eating and started taking aerobic and strength conditioning classes at the local gym. Over the course of 8 months, I was 60 pounds lighter and wearing a size 8 in clothing. I became inspired by other aerobic instructors, including Katina, to teach aerobics. So I obtained my certifications in Indoor Cycling, Punk Rope, Group Fitness, and Personal Training. In 2006, I entered my first body building competition and to my surprise I placed first in my age and weight class. In 2007, Tina asked me to participate in her Step Party filming. It was hard work with all the practice and taping. I remember saying to her, "I don't think I could do this again" and she said, "If I ask you tommorrow you'll say yes." She was right and I am excited and ready to do it all again because I love a challenge.


From Tina:


"Driven" is the one word to describe Sondra. When she puts her mind to something she is going to give it her all until the end. She is such an inspiration to me. I look at her and I say, "This girl has got it going on!!! I want to be like her when I grow up." She is truly a wonderful blessing for Step Party.