Friday, June 26, 2009

Not So Happy Birthday

My birthday was yesterday, June 25, and it was not so happy. I will always remember that on my birthday my all time favorite performer died. I am a huge fan of Micheal Jackson. He has #3 cd space in my car. I listen to track 6-- Billie Jean and track 8-- PYT (Pretty Young Thing) almost every morning in my car to work. His music was timeless. But what I loved the most about him was his gift of dance. I remember when I was a little girl sitting on our living room floor looking at Micheal's performance and being in such awe. I loved the way his body moved. His movement was like something that I've never seen before. I am deeply saddened. But my mother says, "He's in a better place. This world has given him so much trouble. He can rest now." I will try to remember this, but my birthday will never be the same.

Katina Hunter, age 37