Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Beginning

Keli Robert's 10 Minute Solution Kickbox Bootcamp
Today was the beginning of my training/research for my upcoming Kick Party DVD and my quest to run a half marathon in October. So since Keli was the one to start me on my journey in exercise dvds, I decided I would start with her 10 minute solution kickbox bootcamp dvd for my a.m. workout.

Katina's 7 F's:

Format (program design)
5-10 minute segments
1. Basic training
2. Ultimate Buns & Thighs
3. Arm & Shoulders Sculptor
4. Fat Burning Blast
5. Washboard Abs

Functionality (does the segments work as a whole?)
Includes all basic kickbox moves, includes sculpting moves for lower/upper body/and abs giving the user a full body workout.

Flow (how well the moves flow)
All of the moves flow well together. Didn't feel uncoordinated at any point of the workout.

Fun (overall vibe of the workout)
Keli very motivating throughout the workout. Music o.k.

Fat-burning (calories burn)
250 calories in 54 minutes

Frugal Find: You can purchase this dvd @ http://www.amazon.com/ for $5.49.

From
What I got From the workout to help in my quest to deliver an awesome kickbox dvd:
1. Try to include special emphasis throughout the workout to work all body parts.
2. Try to maintain a moderate to high level of intensity throughout the workout.
3. Like the concept of double time moves (I felt very empowered during this part of the workout-- I could take on the world.)

P.M. Workout- Walk/Ran on the treadmill and watched Jillian's new show. (250cal.)

Happy 9th Birthday to my son Kamden!!! So glad I didn't eat any of his cake.

Good night,

Katina Hunter