Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oldie But Goodie


Kathy Smith Kickboxing Workout filmed in 1999.
This was workout from yesterday. This was my first time doing this workout and I enjoyed it. I was surprised to see Keli Roberts featured in the video. She had short red hair. Anyhoo, here is my 7 F's breakdown.
Format:
Warm up
Several combos that incorporate punches and kicks.
Standing lowerbody kick segment (with a chair for balance)
Cool-Down/ Core segment
Functionality:
This workout worked the entire upper and lowerbody with a standing lower body sculpting and core workout.
Flow:
All of the moves flowed well together throughout the whole workout
Fun:
Kathy had pretty good energy and music was o.k.
Fat-burning: 250 calories in 45 minutes
Frugal Find: Hard to find this dvd in print. It must have almost sold out. But I did find it @ www.alibris.com for 7.93.
From: What I learned from this workout was to definitely include breakdown moves and variations to the combos when teaching it. They did this very effectively throughout the workout. But I also need to make sure not to compromise the intensity while doing so.
On to do my second workout for the week,
Katina