Friday, June 11, 2010

Kimberly Spreen Kickbox Bootcamp


Today's workout was Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp. I have not done this workout in quite a while. And I was surprised to see that I needed my step. This workout format was a little different and here is the breakdown of my 7 F's:
Format:
Warm-up
Combo 1-- Simple step moves that vary in intensity (she calls them power ups)
Kickboxing Combo on the floor
Back to the Power Ups and Kickboxing combo
Strength segment (with the weights or body bar)
Combo 2-- Follows the same format as combo 1 but with different moves
Combo 3-- Focuses on strength that works your back and chest
Core Workout
Yoga inspired Stretch
Functionality: Cardio/Strength/and Flexibility throughout this workout. This was a total body workout.
Flow: All of the moves flowed well together.
Fun: Kimberly is a great motivator and I think she is made to be a kickboxing instructor. She just looks right when she does all of the moves. The music was o.k. I really enjoyed one of the songs on the video.
Fat Burning: 310 calories in 53 minutes.
Frugal Find: The cheapest I could find this video was at www.amazon.com for 11.34.
From: While doing this video, I thought and prayed that I look like a fierce kickboxing instructor like Kimberly while filming Kick Party.
Will check in next week with some more kickboxing vids. I'm running and going to a softball tournament this weekend.
Have a great weekend,
Katina Hunter