Thursday, June 10, 2010

The King of Kickboxing...............


My kickboxing workout for today featured the King of Kickboxing Mr. Billy Blanks in the Ultimate Bootcamp.

Katina's 7 F's:

Format:
Starts with a warm-up and then I believe that Billy has lots of moves/combos and just does them on the fly. So it was hard for me to determine his format. This workout ends with a sort of tai chi cool-down.

Functionality:
I would have to say about 1/2 cardiovascular and 1/2 strength with the Billy Bands. This workout was definitely a full body workout.

Flow:
Moves flowed very well. But I didn't get the roll on the floor between push-ups??

Fun:
I love Billy Blanks energy and motivation throughout the workout. The music was good.

Fat-Burning:
340 calories in 53 minutes.

Frugal Find: 3.50 @ http://www.glyde.com/

From: What I got from this workout to come up with a different type of cool-down for this kickboxing workout. I'm not sure what, but I am going to focus on putting together a different kind of cool down for Kick Party.

Stay Tune for my next workout,

Katina Hunter